Anyone who knows me knows that you can’t get me to sit down to watch an hour and a half movie to save my life. Netflix for hours, yes. Of course. But a movie? I just can’t do it and I won’t do it. However, during December that changes. Every year I have a select list of Christmas movies that I have to watch or else I feel like I’m missing a part of my soul.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964): This is the movie I’ve been watching the longest. Every single year my family and I sit down to watch it.
Frozen (2013): It hasn’t been out that long, but it’s something that needs to be watched annually. Maybe even twice. Or three times. It never gets old.
The Polar Express (2004): Definitely my all-time favorite Christmas movie. My brother hates this movie because it’s a little creepy at times but every year I watch it. Typically during the week leading up to Christmas. I cry every time, without fail.
Now, those are my top 3. This year I also have 2 others to add to my must-watch list. I’m realizing that every single movie I’m listing is a children’s movie. What can ya do.
Arthur Christmas (2011): Not the aardvark! I’ve only seen this one once but I really liked it and want to watch it again.
Elf (2003): Everyone’s seen Elf. Everyone loves Elf. I’ve only seen it once and that’s not enough.
– & some Christmas TV specials that are definitely worth mentioning –
- THE O.C. S01E13: The Best Chrismukkah Ever
- GILMORE GIRLS S07E11: Santa’s Secret Stuff
- BOY MEETS WORLD S05E11: A Very Topanga Christmas
- FRIENDS S07E10: The One with the Holiday Armadillo
- FULL HOUSE S02E09: Our Very First Christmas Show
- MODERN FAMILIY S03E10: Express Christmas
- NEW GIRL S04E11: LAXmas
- THE OFFICE S02E10: Christmas Party